Updates from Dan Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I discovered a lame bug that I think warrants a quick update release. If the user changes their password after setting up the app, it doesn’t tell them that the authorization failed, instead it shows a generic error message or does nothing. I think this is confusing a lot of users. This used to work, so I think it’s an easy fix to get it working again.
Filed it as #401. Also created a 2.2.7 milestone.
Let’s start testing 2.2.6! Here’s the changes in this release:
- Holo light theme used for Android 3.0 or greater devices
- Improved support for connecting over HTTPS
- Crash fixes for #394 and #395
- Code cleanup and optimization, app size is smaller.
APK is here: http://bit.ly/10wPEus
A user reported an issue with stats on a multi-site install, so @aerych got that fixed up and committed to trunk. Since we were looking to do a quick release, I took a look at the crash reports and fixed a few of them to include in this release.
Wanna test it? You can get the 2.2.5 build here: http://bit.ly/TH7iEc
Here’s a build of 2.2.4 that we’re hoping to release this week. It includes some important fixes and tweaks:
- Fix for loading more than 20 pages
- Post title added to comment detail view
- Thai localization added
- Fixed local change overwrite from occurring when tapping ‘load more posts’
- Images now link to themselves by default
- If Original Size image is chosen in the settings, it will just link to itself instead of uploading two copies of the same image.
Build is here, give it a test and let us know if you have any issues: http://bit.ly/Q2Ka5Q
Version 2.2.3 is now available on Google Play and Amazon Appstore. It’s also been submitted to Nook, Samsung and Vodafone.
Some bug reports came in from users this weekend, so I created tickets and added them to the 2.2.4 roadmap. Pick up a ticket if you want to help out!
Looking forward, 2.3 is shaping up to be the ‘Native ActionBar’ release, we’re waiting for Google to include the ActionBar in the compatibility library, or we will use the ActionBarSherlock library add-on. Still in R&D but it seems like an achievable task.
2.2 Public Beta
Can you smell the freshly cooked beta? We need your help testing the great new features that have been added in version 2.2!
Try these new features out:
- We’ve added support for featured images. Just add an image to a post and tap the image where you’ll see a ‘Set as featured image’ checkbox. You can tap another checkbox that will appear that will allow the image to also be included in the post content area. Note: If you are self-hosted make sure you are running WordPress 3.4.1 so that featured images work properly.
- All-new stats. Try out the new stats view that shows you the same data that you can view from your blog’s dashboard in a mobile friendly format. If you are using Jetpack, pretty please test that you can connect up to the stats in the app OK.
Otherwise, just try to break it Let us know here if you have any issues.
Download the beta here: http://bit.ly/OlLM4n
Moving on to 2.2 development which will add support for Featured Images, Galleries and Web-based Stats. There’s plenty to do, so feel free to grab a ticket if you want to help out!
Here’s a beta build of 2.1.5 to test over the weekend, it has some small but important changes:
- Fixes crash if you tap ‘Load More’ button again as it was loading
- Fixes blog setup issue for certain self-hosted blogs (> ICS only issue)
- Uses new WPCOM signup form
- Doesn’t allow taps on the refresh button on the action bar if it is animating
- Refreshing posts/pages is much faster now
- Content area in post editor says ‘Tap to add text and media’ now to indicate that you can add media there.
Build is here: http://bit.ly/Owauj5